Auction includes Cowboy Artists of America co-founder John Hampton sculpture, Walt Disney painting, Philadelphia Eagles Freddie Mitchell championship ring and more
GLENDALE, Ariz. (March 15, 2019) – EJ’s Auction & Appraisal is launching a new series of quarterly specialty auctions that will include high-end items, such as fine art, rare collectibles and other unique items. EJ’s Spring Catalog Auction is set for 6 p.m. on Friday, March 29 at the full-service auction house, located at 5880 W. Bell Road, in Glendale on the northeast corner of 59th Avenue and Bell Road.
“We’re still conducting our weekly Saturday auctions, but these new quarterly auctions will take place on a Friday evening and only include high-end antiques and collectibles,” said Erik Hoyer, CEO of EJ’s Auction & Appraisal.
Hoyer said the March 29 Spring Catalog Auction will include coveted items from several affluent estates. Items expecting to create a bidding frenzy include:
- A “Race for the Wagon” bronze sculpture by John Hampton, who co-founded the prestigious Cowboy Artists of America.
- A 2004 Philadelphia Eagles Freddie Mitchell #84 NFC Championship Ring. Mitchell was a well-known wide receiver commonly known as Freddie “4th and 26” Mitchell. The 14-karat gold and diamond ring weighs 71.8 grams.
- A 2005 custom Vengeance Chopper motorcycle in excellent condition.
- A Colt Bisley Model .45 Colt Revolver. The Colt Bisley was the target version of the Colt Model 1873 Single Action Army. It was produced from 1894 to 1915 with some 45,000 guns produced.
- An original Walt Disney Dali-style painting with watercolor and ink. The signed “Donald Duck in Dali” painting appeared in Life Magazine in the early 1940s, according to a hand-written label on the back of the piece.
Like the Saturday weekly auctions, bidding for the Friday, March 29 Spring Catalog Auction is available in-person live at the auction house or online.
The auction house opens for a free preview from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Bidders can also view the collectibles and place bids now for the March 29 Spring Catalog Auction.
EJ’s also conducts specialty auctions on select Friday nights. A Firearms Auction will take place on March 22 at 6 p.m.
On Saturdays, EJ’s opens at 9 a.m. for their weekly auctions which begin in three rings at 10 a.m.
For details, visit www.ejsauction.com or call (623) 878-2003.